1) What Personal Information Do We Collect?
As part of our website and services, you may provide certain information about you and we may collect information automatically through your usage. We collect personal information that you provide or input on the site or in correspondence with us, including:
- Name, date of birth and contact information, including your phone number and email address;
- Information in correspondence with us;
- Payment information such as your credit card or bank account number
- Medical Information provided by you during the initial screening, such as certain mental health diagnosis information and recent mental health information.
We may also receive information if you chose to link or sign up using a third-party service account (such as Facebook), including personal data, such as your user ID, name, e-mail address, profile picture/avatar page posts, fan counts, engagement and comments that are available through API integrations with the third-party service you use for signing into the Service.
2) How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Personal data you provide to the Service. We may use the personal data you provide to the Service for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you;
- To connect you with a licensed therapist and provide that therapist with relevant information about your request for an ESA letter;
- To tailor our content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience with our Service.
- To provide features available in the Service;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- Personal information, including your name and contact information, may be sold to our advertising partners whose services we believe may be of interest to you;
- For direct marketing and market research, including for example reading recommendations and targeted marketing, in accordance with applicable law;
- To allow users to contact you;
- To use user content as part of our Service as well as advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the services;
- To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena or court order;
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses; and
- To protect our rights and/or our property.
Data collected automatically. We may use the data collected automatically for the following purposes:
- To manage the Service;
- To provide features available in the Service;
- To personalize the Service. In particular, cookies may be used for providing us information on the content you’ve shared in social media after or before registering to the Service. We may use this information to provide you with advertiser content or otherrecommendations;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- For market research and data analysis, including for example reading recommendations and behavioral targeting and targeted marketing, in accordance with applicable law;
- To audit and analyze the Service; and
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service.
Our partners may use your personal information to:
- Send you personalized offers, promotions, and advertising materials via email, postal mail, or other communication channels
- Conduct market research and analysis to better understand customer preferences and improve their products and services
- Develop and refine targeted marketing strategies and campaigns
Please note that our partners may combine the personal information we provide with other data they have collected about you from other sources. However, they are required to handle your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies and applicable data protection laws.
3) Do We Ever Share Your Personal Information with Third-Parties?
We share the information we collect as follows:
Service Providers. We contract with independent contractors, vendors and suppliers to provide specific services related to the Service. Most importantly, all of our therapists are contracted and we will provide the relevant information to allow your assigned therapist to contact you and understand the relevant background information related to your request for an ESA letter.Our service providers also include hosting and maintaining the Service, providing payment processing and fraud screening, data analysis, and developing applications for the Service, email services and marketing enrichment services. We may disclose a Service user’s information to these service providers only to the extent necessary for those service providers to provide their service.
Legal Disclosures. We may disclose a user’s information (including personal information) where we believe that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a warrant or administrative request, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal processes. We may also disclose personal information where we believe it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Terms of Service for our Service, to detect fraud, for assistance with a delinquent account, as evidence in litigation in which we are involved, or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, the Service or the general public.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may also provide aggregate, anonymous or de-identified information about users and the Service for marketing and research purposes. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Service, the demographic breakdown of our registered users of the Service, and the educational progress of categories of users.
4) What Privacy Protections are there for third-party links used on the website?
Content and information posted by the Company may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners or affiliates. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy and security, we are not responsible for the privacy practices used by other sites.
The Website, in line with almost every other internet-based company, utilizes cookie technology to allow the company to improve the functionality of the service and improve your user experience. Your browser or device may allow you to block or delete cookies from our site, however, this may interfere with the functionality of our Service. Cookies collect information automatically even when a user is not logged into their account. The information collected may include information about the platform and operating system you are using, your browser type and version, computer and connection information, and what time you accessed the site. This information will be collected any time you access the website unless you opt out.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Which cookies does The Company use?
Anytime you visit and use a The Company website, The Company or a third party places cookies in your browser. Certain cookies are specific to features or specific preferences, and certain cookies will be used all the time. Four different types of cookies are used by The Company.
- Essential Cookies. These are cookies are placed in your browser by the Company and are also known as “strictly necessary” cookies. These are necessary to allow you to move around the site and use its features, such as “Save and View Favorites.”
- Analytics Cookies. Also known as “performance cookies,” analytics cookies collect information about visits to our sites and how the services we offer are being used. We use this data to make improvements and report our performance. For example, these cookies collect information about how visitors use our sites, which site the visitor came from, the number of each user’s visits and how long a user stays on the site. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them. Analytics cookies are primarily third-party cookies.
- Functionality Cookies. Sometimes called “preference cookies,” these first-party cookies allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you have made (such as your username, language, region, and marketing preferences) on our sites, so the next time you visit the site you will not have to set them again. These cookies also allow us to provide a better user experience on our website.
- Targeting Cookies.The Company and our advertising partners or other third-party partners may use these types of cookies, also known as “advertising cookies,” to deliver advertising and track ad performance, and enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities (this is sometimes called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising) on our sites.
How can you manage and delete cookies?
6) Does the Company use any other user tracking technologies?
Technology used on the Internet is constantly changing. The company uses technology standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to our sites.
7) How do we respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
8) Are There Any Age Restrictions for Use of the Company’s Services?
You must be at least 13 years old or older to gain access to our website or our services. This website is not intended for those who are under 13 years old.The Company does not knowingly collect any information from anyone who is under 13 years of age and does so in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. The Services are directed solely to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 13without parental consent, we will delete that information, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. If you have any reason to believe we may have unknowingly collected data from a minor under the age of 13 please immediately send us an email email@example.com.
9) What Rights do You have?
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to know what data we hold about you: You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to review the personal data you have provided to the Service. We seek to swiftly respond to your inquiry. We may charge a processing fee if less than twelve (12) months has passed since your last inquiry relating to personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary personal data corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to correct, delete, or update the personal data you have provided to the Service is to access your profile settings and enter the necessary changes there. If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us: All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to our partners. If you wish to do so, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that opting out of the sale of your personal information will not prevent you from receiving offers and promotions from us or our partners; however, these communications may be less relevant to your interests.
10) What Additional Rights Do Nevada Users Have?
Under the Nevada Privacy Law (SB220), certain Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
If you are a Nevada resident who has purchased or leased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any sales of your personal information under Nevada law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
11) What Additional Rights Do California Users Have?
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past twelve (12) months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Provide you with a good or service, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You have the right to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclose to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, you may write to us at email@example.com. Please include your full name and email address associated with your use of our services, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
Response Timing and Format. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
12) How Are Users Notified of Any Changes to this Policy?
13) How Can I Contact the Company Regarding this Policy?