Suicide Prevention Resources

At ESA Pet, we're here to provide you with the best support and safest environment possible. 

According to your responses, you are not eligible for an Emotional Support Animal or a Psychiatric Service Dog at this particular time. We have compiled a list of resources for anyone seeking information about and/or needing help for mental health issues.

Your Life Matters

24/7 Suicide Prevention Line 1-800-273-8255

If this Is an emergency call 911

Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

No matter what you are going through, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can help.  They offer free and confidential support 24/7. 

To speak to a counselor, call the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

Lifeline Chat

Want to chat instead? Connect with counselors for emotional support and more via Lifeline chat

All chat centers are available 24/7.

Get Help Now: Emergency Medical Services

If you need immediate help, get emergency assistance by calling 911 or going to your nearest emergency room. 

Other Resources Available

Below are additional resources for suicide prevention:

Have a Therapist or a Doctor?

Reach out to them immediately if you're in need of crisis intervention and/or suicide prevention services.  You can also get emergency help with the resources listed above. 

Thank you for connecting with ESA Pet. We look forward to supporting you in the future.

What is your full name?

What state do you reside in?

We will connect you with a therapist in your state.

Do you already have a pet?

You can get a ESA letter for a current or future pet.

What type of pets do you have?

Select all that apply.

  • Dog

  • Cat

  • Other

Are you 18 years or older?

If you are under 18, a guardian needs to be the point of contact with your mental health professional.

Do you need to cover housing?

We cover all housing arrangements, including rentals, vacation homes, AirBnB, and college dorms

Our letters are Fair Housing Act compliant

Compliant letters include the therapist's license number, contact information, and letterhead. The Fair Housing Act requires all landlords to accept compliant letters.

Do you need to cover travel?

Our letters are compliant with the Air Carrier Access Act.

Psychiatric Service Animals are accepted on all airlines. Your PET needs to meet two standards of training to fly: 1) behaves well in public and 2) be trained in a task that relieves a symptom of your mental health disability. The D.O.T. allows you to train the PET yourself and there is no "official" test to determine whether an PET meets those standards of training (just good judgement).

Over the past two (2) weeks, how often have you felt worried, anxious, or on edge?

We'll keep your information confidential and only share it with your therapist if you approve.

Over the past two (2) weeks, how often have you felt sad or depressed?

Over the past two (2) weeks, how often have you had irregular sleep? (Sleeping too much or too little)

Over the past two (2) weeks, how often have you avoided situations that make you nervous?

Over the past two (2) weeks, how often have you been acting impulsively? (Shopping too much, sudden use of drugs or alcohol, feeling like you’re “on top of the world”)

Over the past two (2) weeks, how often have you felt paranoid or fearful you are in danger?

Over the past two (2) weeks, how often have you heard things other people couldn’t hear and seen things other people couldn’t see?

Over the past two (2) weeks, have you had thoughts of suicide?

Analyzing your answers

dog loading
Untitled 1

Congratulations! You are a good match to receive an ESA/PSD letter consultation.

Our therapists are readily available to schedule your letter consultation now.


Phone Number

This is the number your therapist will call you on

Which type of letter do you need?




  • Fair Housing Act compliant
  • Enforced by AirBnB and other vacation rentals.
  • Legally enforced for housing
  • Covers all housing arrangements, including rentals, vacation homes and college dorms.

Housing and Travel


  • Best of both worlds
  • You get 2 Letters: a PSD travel letter and a PSD housing letter.
  • Offers everything listed in both the PSD travel letter and ESA housing letter.



  • Legally enforced on all airlines.
  • Accepted at airport security
  • Accepted at AirBnbs